question regarding multi-homing

Jason Shearer jshearer at amedisys.com
Thu Dec 31 14:00:20 UTC 2009

>>Link up, receiving all routes but provider stops propagating your announcement outward.

Longer AS path prepending on your secondary connection should take care of this, eh?  Might end up with asymmetric routing but better than no traffic being returned.

>>Link up but unusably high packet loss to some or all destinations.

Assuming Cisco hardware what is the best way to handle this?  Setup some IP SLA and bind them to a tracking objects?  Use EEM and TCL scripting?

Thanks!
Jason