InterNAP FCP (again?)

Michael J McCafferty mike at m5computersecurity.com
Wed Dec 30 20:58:38 UTC 2009

All,
	I know this has been discussed to some degree before and I have
searched the archives. However is it seems in my previous posts to this
list about anything, the truly useful replies are the private replies
ones that don't make it to this list.
	We are considering the InterNAP Flow Control Platform. Currently we
have 3 transit providers but are adding one or two more and will also be
adding a connection to the Any2 exchange at One Wilshire.
	The price is manageable, the reporting seems quite useful, but I
haven't seen it actually in action on my network. If it works as claimed
for managing commit levels, performance, etc. then I expect we'd be very
happy. The problem is that InterNAP does not want to do any acceptance
testing... all sales are final... and in my research on the web, I see a
few companies that have implemented the FCP and have either removed it
or switched to Avaya CNA (yes, I know it's going away).
	Since InterNAP has pulled way from any kind of happiness guarantee, I'd
very much like to hear from actual users of the FCP, happy and unhappy,
to help me feel better about signing the PO.
	Does it do what it says it does for performance and managing commit
levels? Do you feel it was worth the integration and money? Are you
happy with it? What size and shape is the network you used it on? Do you
have any additional thoughts to share regarding the FCP?

Thanks!
Mike

Michael J. McCafferty
Principal
M5 Hosting
http://www.m5hosting.com

You can have your own custom Dedicated Server up and running today !
RedHat Enterprise, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, and more