ip-precedence for management traffic

Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com
Tue Dec 29 23:15:24 UTC 2009

Randy Bush wrote:
>> Totally out of the box, but here goes: why don't we run the entire
>> Internet management plane "out of band"
>>

> tread caefully.  we have experienced (and some continue to experience)
> non-linear expansion of management, control, and stability problems when
> layers are non-congruent.

Isn't this just a suggestion to more or less faithfully reproduce the
control and
bearer planes of the TDM network also? I'd think that this fate sharing
aspect of the
internet model is a feature rather than a bug. That is, putting
everything on the same
wire forces you to deal with QoS or get the predictable results. That
and building out
separate and unequal networks pretty much sucks?

Mike