Article on spammers and their infrastructure

O'Reirdan, Michael Michael_OReirdan at Cable.Comcast.com
Fri Dec 25 20:24:35 UTC 2009

I expect the ARIN and RIPE folks may be influential and as such, it could be a good idea for them to attend.

Mike

________________________________

From: Jon Lewis [mailto:jlewis at lewis.org]
Sent: Thu 12/24/2009 3:13 PM
To: O'Reirdan, Michael
Cc: J.D. Falk; nanog at nanog.org
Subject: Re: Article on spammers and their infrastructure

Wouldn't that be kind of pointless?  ARIN policies are proposed by the
public, not ARIN staff or board members.

https://www.arin.net/policy/pdp.html

  Policy proposals may be submitted by anyone in the global Internet
  community except for members of the ARIN Board of Trustees or the ARIN
  staff.

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009, O'Reirdan, Michael wrote:

> JD
>
> Great point, I am more than happy to have a couple of people from ARIN or
> RIPE as guests at the next MAAWG in SFO or the subsequent one in Barcelona.
>
> Mike

>> Rather than expecting anti-spam researchers to lobby at ARIN & RIPE meetings,
>> perhaps ARIN & RIPE representatives could visit anti-spam meetings such as
>> MAAWG to ask how they can help?
>>
>> I'd be happy to make some introductions.
>>
>> --
>> J.D. Falk <jdfalk at returnpath.net>
>> Return Path Inc

  Jon Lewis                   |  I route