IPv6 Training

Mike Leber mleber at he.net
Wed Dec 23 21:03:40 UTC 2009

Marty Anstey wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with IPv6 training courses.
>
> A quick search turns up a few results on the subject, but it would be
> handy to hear if anyone has any firsthand experiences or recommendations.
> We're based in western Canada but don't mind traveling a bit, but
> alternatively an online course would be acceptable as well.

Once you have IPv6 connectivity established (either native IPv6 or via a
tunnel from anybody (for example tunnelbroker.net or sixxs.net) if you
want a self teaching procedural guide where you can setup and test
various IPv6 services (HTTP, SMTP, reverse DNS, forward DNS, host record
glue) then you might checkout our free IPv6 certification service at:

http://ipv6.he.net/certification

It's a bit tongue in cheek and meant to be sort of like entertainment
with education for engineers (for example the certification ranks are
from "Newb" to "Sage").  By the time you are done you are done IPv6
won't seem weird.  (In fact, you'll probably be thinking "that's it?!")

We are still adding tests and content as people suggest ideas, so if you
run through it and see a gap you'd like covered, let me know.

Alternatively, if you would like a free IPv6 Speaker/Trainer your group
of 30 or more people, Hurricane Electric will fly IPv6 Evangelist Owen
Delong to your meeting to present a tutorial on what you need to do to
support IPv6 (for system administrators and network engineers), porting
IPv4 programs to IPv6 (for software engineers), or another IPv6 topic
you suggest.  If you are interested, email ipv6 at he.net

Mike.