Article on spammers and their infrastructure

Paul Ferguson fergdawgster at
Wed Dec 23 01:05:50 CST 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 10:58 PM, Christopher Morrow
<morrowc.lists at> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 1:12 AM, Paul Ferguson <fergdawgster at>
> wrote:

>> Folks should not be so obtuse about these activities. It's almost
>> blatantly in-your-face, so to speak. These guys have no fear of
>> retribution.
> no real arguement, but... 'please provide some set of workable solutions'

First question: Solution(s) for which problem(s)?

> The ARIN meetings (at least) are open, please come and help guide
> policies. I'm sure RIPE also wouldn't mind a discussion, if there
> could be some positive policy outcome.

Frankly, there simply is not enough hours in the day for what I already do,
and trying to add "policy foo" to my laundry list of stuff just isn't going
to happen.

Many of us have already tried to engage ICANN on domain registration issues
(primarily bad registrars and policy cruft), as well as RIRs, etc., to no

I've simply given up on trying to make a dent in policy issues because
profit trumps everything else, plus -- as I said -- I just have no spare

I have taken a different set of tactics to go after criminal activities...
policy stuff doesn't work.

- - ferg

Version: PGP Desktop 9.5.3 (Build 5003)

"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson