news from Google

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Mon Dec 21 21:28:10 UTC 2009

On Dec 21, 2009, at 3:34 PM, Corey Travioli wrote:

>> Another one from the "Evil Doer"
>> http://www.google.com/advertising/holiday2009/
>> Wish the guys from Redmond and others copy this action too ...

> So what they are saying is because we as individuals are too cheep
> to give to charity they are giving in our stead to shame us.  Yup, that is
> evil.

I know it's off-topic, but I'm impressed with the idea that a public corporation can spend 8 figures on something that has essentially $0 ROI and multiple people here can find bad things about it.

I'm shocked someone didn't say "but that's only 0.0000$WHATEVER percent of their profit!".

Google does many things which can be argued as evil, or not, but I would say this is very much not one of them.

--
TTFN,
patrick