Edge-Core (Accton) switches

Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] r.bhatia at ipax.at
Sat Dec 19 10:52:35 UTC 2009

On 02.12.2009 19:12, Todd Mueller wrote:
> Anyone have any experience using Edge-Core switches (or Accton,
> Edge-Core is a subsidiary)? Good/bad? Pricing/features seem good, but
> you often get what you pay for . . .

we have a couple of Foundry Networks EdgeIron 4802CF, which should be
similar to accton's ES3550C [1].

we have a hand full of vlans (10-20) configured and use them as a
top-of-the-rack (?) switch to connect our customer's servers. the gbit
uplink(s) are connected to our core equipment.

on our experience, the do no good job at handling too much load.
depending on the firmware, the management cpu will become too loaded
and you'll have troubles accessing the switch via ssh or you'll see
snmp issues.

however, i haven't seen any real issues with switching performance.

cheers
raoul
[1] http://www.accton.com/products/product_range/01_l2fes/es3550c.htm
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          r.bhatia at ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OEG         web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            office at ipax.at
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15