Arrogant RBL list maintainers

Steven Champeon schampeo at hesketh.com
Thu Dec 17 21:18:37 UTC 2009

on Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 09:27:06PM -0500, Mike Lieman wrote:

> > ...and if people used "static" and "dynamic" keywords in DNS as I suggested
> > in my previously mentioned draft,
>
> What are the words for "static" and "dynamic" in Lower Sorbian?

I was bored so I looked them up. :-)

dynamic: dynamika
static: statik

Dynamic was easy, translate to German dynamik, then to Lower Sorbian.
Static doesn't seem to translate directly (a translation for statische
wasn't in the online dictionary I found, but statik was). Either way,
it's actually pretty close to English.

But the point stands; some synonyms for static tokens from around the world:

biz
bus
client /cliente
commercial / commercio
corp
corporate
corporativo
cust
ded
dedicated
emp / empresa
fija (South America)
fix
fixee (FR)
fixo (PT-BR)
fx (JP, often used with bflets)
sta / stat / static

and some for dynamics:

da
dhcp
dia
dial
dinamic (South America)
dip
du / dup
dyn
dynamic / dynamicip
pool
res

And again, that doesn't even begin to address the mixins like resnets
and NATs and other weirdnesses that lie outside this simplistic
dichotomy.

--
hesketh.com/inc. v: +1(919)834-2552 f: +1(919)834-2553 w: http://hesketh.com/
antispam news and intelligence to help you stop spam: http://enemieslist.com/