DNS question, null MX records

Eric J Esslinger eesslinger at fpu-tn.com
Tue Dec 15 15:46:06 UTC 2009

I've had a couple of off-list comments already about using it as/donating it to a spam trap; That is a good idea and I actually thought of that.

However, the address was formerly used for email addresses for our customers and for our business (some 10 years ago it was registered, but has not had any valid dns records set for roughly 6 years), and we still deal from time to time with mail being sent to old addresses on that domain for various reasons (several dns registrations, for example, we've had to help these people go through the fax change system because we don't want to go to the trouble of setting up to receive email on this domain again)

So in any case, due to customer privacy concerns we feel we can't do that.

Also I have set the spf -all on it, for those that look for these records to auot-reject email from the domain.
Eric Esslinger
Information Services Manager - Fayetteville Public Utilities
http://www.fpu-tn.com/
(931)433-1522 ext 165