Consumer Grade - IPV6 Enabled Router Firewalls.

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Tue Dec 15 13:03:04 UTC 2009

On 15/12/2009, at 11:19 PM, Joakim Aronius wrote:

> So what you are saying is that ease of use and service availability is priority one. Then what exactly are the responsibilities of the ISP and CPE manufacturer when it comes to security? CPEs with WiFi usually comes with the advice to change password etc. Is it ok to build an infrastructure relying on UPnP, write a disclaimer, and let the end user handle eventual problems? (I assume it is...)

Hasn't essentially every ISP on the planet been doing that for years,
only without the disclaimer?

It's not like we're talking about creating UPnP from whole cloth.  We're
discussing a replacement of like-for-like, updating existing capabilities
to support IPv6.

  - mark

--
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au (W)