Consumer Grade - IPV6 Enabled Router Firewalls.

Mark Newton newton at internode.com.au
Sun Dec 13 23:44:25 UTC 2009

On 14/12/2009, at 9:38 AM, Frank Bulk wrote:

> I hope you're right.  I really hope that there's this phenomenal transition
> in 2011 of content from 0.1% IPv6-accessible to 99% IPv6-accessible.

Forget content, they're just along for the ride.

When most service providers have eye-wateringly shite CGNs acting
as intermediaries between eyeballs and content, the content providers
will be motivated to move to v6 even if only as a means of damage
control.

>  And
> not even by node count, but by percentage of traffic.  And pain is one way
> to get there.  Every few months I think of the number of truck rolls we'll
> need to do to swap out DSL modems and SOHO routers with their IPv6
> equivalents.

Ah, that's something we don't have.  Our customers own their own
(which has its own slew of problems:  I can't make them upgrade,
and if I tell them they'll have to spend a hundred bucks to restore
the functionality I broke for them last week I'll have a revolt
on my hands...)

  - mark

--
Mark Newton                               Email:  newton at internode.com.au (W)