Is there anyone from ASPEWS on this list?

Alex Lanstein ALanstein at FireEye.com
Sat Dec 12 01:25:33 UTC 2009

William Pitcock wrote:
>>>Cernal and Atrivo are two different entities, Atrivo used to host
>>>Cernal, but now they have different hosting arrangements.

I now understand the original point you were trying to make about Atrivo.  I disagree with your premise that it is actually a different entity than Cernel, but am not trying to debate that on this list for various reasons.

Acting under my (incorrect or correct) assumption that they are in fact the same entity, I made my post to show that "the boys were back".

That is, for a decent amount of time, parts of 85.255.112.0/20 were not being advertised, and hence the dns hijacking pointing selected http traffic to 67.210.0.0/20 wasn't happening.

My point was that it (fairly) recently started being advertised again, and it was the same old song and dance wrt dns/http hijacking/fraud.

Regards,

Alex Lanstein
FireEye, Inc.