news from Google

Michael Holstein michael.holstein at csuohio.edu
Fri Dec 11 21:57:38 UTC 2009

> In FF goto "Tools", 'Options', 'Privacy', and select: "Accept cookies from sites'; 'Accept third-party cookies'; 'Keep until: <ask me every time> just to get a taste.  Be sure to click on 'Show Details' when the flood of cookies comes and pay attention to the details.  Don't go to sites that bork when you use these settings any longer.  Also, look in 'Show cookies' and 'Exceptions'.  Funny how M$ won't let you do that in IE AFAICT.

Let's not forget about Flash LSOs and the nasty companies that offer
"services" to "replace" your cookies if they're deleted.

FF has "BetterPrivacy" for that.

Only caveat is it drives websites like BoA and eBay bonkers .. they want
to "verify" you every time you re-visit.

Cheers,

Michael Holstein
Cleveland State University