Linux shaping packet loss

Keith Medcalf kmedcalf at dessus.com
Fri Dec 11 02:16:57 UTC 2009

> Autoneg is a required part of the gig E specification so you'd only be
> causing yourself trouble by turning it off. (I don't know if
> it'll also break automatic MDI/MDI-X (crossover) configuration, for
> an example of something that's nice to have.)

At least on 450x series enhanced linecards, disabling autonegotiation disables auto MDI/MDI-X.  You have to enable autonegotiation but you can provide specified offered and acceptable parameters, eg:  "speed auto 100" to enable autonegotiation but only allow negotiation of 100 mb.  (speed auto 10 100 / speed auto 1000 / etc)

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org