Linux shaping packet loss

Chris chris at ghostbusters.co.uk
Thu Dec 10 12:49:33 UTC 2009

Thanks to all that replied.

Trial and error it is ... I'm now waiting (22 hours later) for it to break
again after I changed the priority on the "default" catch-all class. It
lasted five days before.

I'm looking at CBQ but it's not at all friendly relative to HTB.

If I'm forced to go down the proprietary traffic-shaping route. What's good
for really cheap gigabit, redundant, high throughput (including during
64-byte UDP attacks) shapers ? Suggestions appreciated.

Chris