Arrogant RBL list maintainers

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Thu Dec 10 03:15:57 UTC 2009

Each network can decide how they want to run their network, and Trend Micro
can make any list they like, but if cb3rob.net wants to send e-mail to other
networks that use Trend Micro's list for spam control, cb3rob.net will have
to decide whether to comply with the other network's rules, even if those
rules seem unreasonable.

Two sides of an SP's coin: I want to maximize my e-mail servers'
deliverability, so I make sure those have appropriately named PTRs and make
sure that outbound messages aren't spammy; I also want to restrict
deliverability of e-mail from my dynamic space, so I have appropriately
named PTRs so that others don't have to guess what kind of host it is.
Perhaps I forgot those customers with static hosts and that want to send
e-mail -- I make sure those PTRs are well-named, too.

Frank