Arrogant RBL list maintainers

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Thu Dec 10 00:27:47 UTC 2009

>1) TOTAL ALLOCATED SPACE – in CIDR format
>     Please include all information for the space you announce.
>     The total of Static and Dynamic space must equal the
>     Total Allocated Space.
>2) DYNAMIC SPACE LIST - in CIDR format
>3) STATIC SPACE LIST - in CIDR Format
>[snip]
>
>Which was, of course, impossible .. since trunking a VLAN across the
>core just to have all the printers in the same /22 would be silly.

Is your network setup so chaotic that you don't know what address
chunks are allocated by DHCP or PPP?  They're not asking you to
aggregate your printers, they're just asking which ranges are dynamic,
since mail directly from dynamic ranges is about 99.999% bot spam.

If you really don't know what's dynamic, I can't say I blame them
for assuming the worst.

R's,
John