Arrogant RBL list maintainers

Ken Chase ken at
Wed Dec 9 14:09:20 CST 2009

To be clear: because the legitimate mailserver with a proper non-generic
reverse was in a block with other generic reverses, they blacklisted you?

That's egregiously harsh.

SORBS was blocking a customer for a generic reverse entry, I gave them a legit
looking reverse (that fwds properly too), solved, if a bit irritating. To
require the whole BLOCK be totally legit is too much.

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 02:48:28PM -0500, Michael Holstein's said:
  >No, we do have it correct .. they wanted us to fix all the *other* ones
  >(that can't even send mail because they're firewalled from doing so) ..
  >$ dig -t mx
  >        10800    IN    MX    10
  >        10800    IN    MX    10
  >        10800    IN    MX    10
  >        10800    IN    MX    10

  >Michael Holstein
  >Cleveland State University

Ken Chase - ken at - +1 416 897 6284 - Toronto CANADA
Heavy Computing - Clued bandwidth, colocation and managed linux VPS @151 Front St. W.