Earthlink SMTP Admin Contact?

Ryan Gelobter r.gelobter at limestonenetworks.com
Wed Dec 9 16:56:04 UTC 2009

Thanks for the number, but their NOC was unable to help me. They referred me back to their Abuse Mailbox and abuse e-mail addresses (blockedbyearthlink at abuse.earthlink.net, abuse at abuse.earthlink.net). They were unable to provide any alternative number or e-mail address. I ended up calling their corporate office (404.815.0770) and spoke to an operator who confirmed with senior tech's that the abuse team their checks the mailbox but they apparently are not in the office and work from home. Senior tech support tells me the mail server is not blocked even though I get blocked messages and escalating it further would not do anything as they show it as not blocked.

Tech support uses the same procedure as the mail administrator does which is to e-mail blockedbyearthlink@ address with the subject BLOCKED: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (replace with the ip) and if it is blocked they will unblock you. Sadly, I tried that already.

Ryan G
IT Assistant/Support Technician
Limestone Networks, Inc.
r.gelobter at limestonenetworks.com