Remote hands requested near sherman oaks LA [urgent]

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 23:42:09 UTC 2009

Sorry for the noise ..  Got me a (personal) box that has a borked grub
after an OS upgrade.

Need to get somebody there who can just go in, probably fix
/boot/grub/menu.lst to say the right thing, run grub (maybe boot in
with a live cd, mount and run grub.. you know the drill)

Is anybody in or near Sherman Oaks LA who can help fix this?   Please
email ASAP, I'll hook you up with the person who can get you access.

Sorry for the urgent - that box has been down for over 24 hrs now.

gave up waiting for root device
common problem:
boot args (cat/proc/cmdline)
check root delay = (did the system wait long enough?)
check root = (did the system wait for the right device?0
missing modules (cat/pro/modules;ls/dev)
alert!  /dev/disk/by-uuid/42b8599e-f7bc-4626-ad08-4ba6427513d1 does
not exist.  dropping to a shell
busybox v1.13.3(ubuntu 1:1.13.3-1ubuntu7 built in shell (ash)
enter 'help' for a list of commands
(initramfs):

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)