news from Google

Martin Hannigan martin at theicelandguy.com
Fri Dec 4 22:15:49 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 4:37 PM, <bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 03:34:10PM -0500, Martin Hannigan wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Christopher Morrow
> > <morrowc.lists at gmail.com>wrote:

> OpenDNS,
> the
> > >
> > > one note: OpenDNS is not the only 'competitor' here.... just one of
> > > the better obviously known ones.
> > >
> > > ie:
> > > 4.2.2.2  L(3)
> > > 198.6.1.1/2/3/4/5/122/142/146/195 ex-UU
> > > Neustar (can't recall ips, sorry)
> > >
> > > -chris
> > >

> > Why did Google put an infrastructure critical application into PA space?
> >

>         whats PA space in this context?  clearly 8.0.0.0/8 was allocated
>        prior to any current group-think about what PA might be.
>
> --bill

Let's call it "conceptual PA". I'm simply asking why something that has the
potential to impact all of us is being numbered into address space other
than their own?

And before the thinkpol start in, I'm referring to the v4 addresses and
their status. It's a fair question since it has major impact on the net. If
the store for legacy v4 addresses is open I'd like to know what street it's
on.

Best,

-M<

Martin Hannigan                               martin at theicelandguy.com
p: +16178216079
Power, Network, and Costs Consulting for Iceland Datacenters and Occupants