SPF Configurations

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 17:03:08 UTC 2009

2009/12/4 Bret Clark <bclark at spectraaccess.com>

> If the customer insist on using their domain, then you would have to have
> the customer setup an SPF record within their domain that points to your
> email server IP blocks. I would just tell your customer that if they insist
> of using their FROM domain, to help get past someone's spamming system the
> customer is going to have to add the a SPF record to their domain similar to
> the following:
>
> [customer domain].com. IN TXT "v=spf1 a mx ip4:[your IP block]
>
> Putting an SPF record in your DNS record will have no affect on spamming
> software. SPF is basically another form of reverse DNS at the mail level.
>
> Bret

The problem we face is that some people we work with can't do that, they
can't even grasp what an SPF record is and so as far as our own spam
filtering goes, we have filtered their emails to us sent with the FROM
address being an @mysurname.com domain which doesn't exist and as a result
we have filtered out their mails so we have had to lower our SPF checking
slightly which is so annoying :S

--
Regards,
James ;)

Charles de Gaulle<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/charles_de_gaulle.html>
- "The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs."