SPF Configurations

Bret Clark bclark at spectraaccess.com
Fri Dec 4 16:48:21 UTC 2009

If the customer insist on using their domain, then you would have to
have the customer setup an SPF record within their domain that points to
your email server IP blocks. I would just tell your customer that if
they insist of using their FROM domain, to help get past someone's
spamming system the customer is going to have to add the a SPF record to
their domain similar to the following:

[customer domain].com. IN TXT "v=spf1 a mx ip4:[your IP block]

Putting an SPF record in your DNS record will have no affect on spamming
software. SPF is basically another form of reverse DNS at the mail level.

Bret