news from Google

Andrey Gordon andrey.gordon at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 14:16:58 UTC 2009

I agree, one could find this though paranoid, but even if we don't use
google out of fear that they will take over everything they still seem to be
growing.
What I'm trying to say is that you/we/they can take all the placards
you/we/they want and go and try to convince (or at least educate) the public
that google is becoming an evil empire, but there are enough sheep out there
to make google succeed.
Google makes it's services very attractive to use (free, convenient, great
functionality, integration, etc) so we do for the most part. There is a
chance that soon google will be collecting "statistics" on all aspects of
your digital life and that government has to do is to pass a law or even
more than that, nationalize google. That's just one paranoid theory I've
got. Send your tin foil hats and emails to PO Box 666, Antarctica, The
World.

Remember? They started as a search engine? Not sure how, but they are
becoming (became) the new Micro$oft, IMHO.

-----
Andrey Gordon [andrey.gordon at gmail.com]