news from Google

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 11:29:01 UTC 2009

> : IMHO that's where we are heading with google taking over every service imaginable

Well nobody is forcing to use their services ...

For search you can use bing when is not down, for email you can use outlook when
the windoze bootnet is not being used to distribute viruses or
malware, or hotmail
if you want plenty of nice ads directed to fulfill your needs and
preferences, for
video you can still use YouTube, uuuppppsss you right evil Google owns them now,
for maps you can use mapquest if you want to get to a place a mile away where
you intended to go, ohhh but they are owned by one of the
failed-ex-evils, want to
take a quick peak at a book, you can still go to your local library,
what else, ohhh yes
wanna blog ? use wordpress and wait for the poetry to become hacked.

Yes, all eggs in the same basket for some stuff is not a good
approach, but what's
wrong about using services that are relatively nice, regularly
available and being
constantly improved, and free ?

Well, right nothing is free, you are part of their monetization and
world domination
scheme ... bad boy Eric, bad boy ...

> Only if you let them.  DBS (don't be sheep)

That's 100% right, if you want privacy just don't make yourself public.

I'm more concerned about information that by law is being made public
and available
on-line (like property records in the US) out of my control, or not very easy to
"opt-out".

Cheers
Jorge