news from Google

Martin Hannigan martin at theicelandguy.com
Thu Dec 3 20:56:22 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Jeroen Massar <jeroen at unfix.org> wrote:

> Andrey Gordon wrote:
> > uf, another question I'll have ask my users now:
> >
> > User: I can't get to the intranet.mycompanydomain.local! What did you
> > break!?
> > Me: Hey, you can't to the intranet,domain.local? Did you make your laptop
> > use Google DNS?
>
> But it is soooo easy to just route 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 to ISP/enterprise
> internal ISP addresses, no more configuration who would have thought of
> that...

Forever? I think we're also seeing the first legacy space holder (that I'm
aware of, publicly) foray into commercial LIR services. Putting this service
into a legacy block was not a mistake or a stroke of luck. It's being
advertised by goog. Could mean nothing, but I think it's interesting amongst
the other interesting things.

Best,

-M<

Martin Hannigan                               martin at theicelandguy.com
p: +16178216079
Power, Network, and Costs Consulting for Iceland Datacenters and Occupants