news from Google

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Thu Dec 3 19:20:37 UTC 2009

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse any errors.

On Dec 3, 2009, at 13:08, Andrey Gordon <andrey.gordon at gmail.com> wrote:

> uf, another question I'll have ask my users now:
>
> User: I can't get to the intranet.mycompanydomain.local! What did you
> break!?
> Me: Hey, you can't to the intranet,domain.local? Did you make your
> laptop
> use Google DNS?

1) If $COMPANY does not force their VPN client to disallow external
DNS, shame on them.

2) You already have this issue.  Google is hardly the first, and no
where near the biggest (nor will they be in all likelihood, despite
their name).

3) I know, none of that matters.  You still get phone calls.

4) Welcome to the ISP business.

(Another reason I Am Not An Isp. :-)

--
TTFN,