AT&T SMTP Admin contact?

Andre Engel andre.engel at fhe3.com
Thu Dec 3 18:32:13 UTC 2009

For instance some ISPs or Freemail providers give their customers the
possibility to use SPF as a value added service to decide if "senders
domain" should be dropped in theirs suspicious-folders or not .

I also learned that SPF is qualified for senders reputation :
http://www.ceas.cc/2006/19.pdf

> Spamassassin assigns it a score of 0.6 but that is low enough it really
> doesn't have much since it doesn't assign any negative points for
> SPF_PASS.
> > (And before anybody asks, yes ~all is what we want, and no you can't
> ask us
> > to try -all instead, unless we're allowed to send you all the
> helpdesk calls
> > about misconfigured migratory laptops".. ;)
> I certainly understand that you may not be able to lock down your
> domain.  We don't even try for customers for instance.    However, if
> you can't, I guess I don't really see what good publishing a SPF record
> is if you tell people not to enforce it.

MAAWG published a document around : Trust in Email begins with
Authentication

http://www.maawg.org/about/publishedDocuments/MAAWG_Email_Authentication_Pap
er_2008-07.pdf

> Chris

> --
> Chris Owen         - Garden City (620) 275-1900 -  Lottery (noun):
> President          - Wichita     (316) 858-3000 -    A stupidity tax
> Hubris Communications Inc      www.hubris.net
> --

Cheers

Andre

 --
Andre Engel

Consulting Program Director,
Email and Cyber Intelligence Services            "..no ghost just a shell"

FHE3 GmbH                                        P: +49 721 869  5907
Scheffelstr. 17a                                 M: +49 160 962 44476
76135 Karlsruhe

andre.engel at fhe3.com
http://www.fhe3.com/

Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 702495
Umsatzsteuer-Ident: DE254677931
Geschäftsführer: Peter Eisenhauer, Michael Feger, Dimitrij Hilt

This message (including any attachments) is the property of FHE3 and may
contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this
communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have
received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender
by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any
attachments.