AT&T SMTP Admin contact?

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Thu Dec 3 06:42:58 UTC 2009

>I guess I've never really seen the point of publishing a SPF record if
>it ends in ~all.  What are people supposed to do with that info?

Get your mail delivered to Hotmail, the last significant outpost of
SPF/Sender-ID.  Other than that, I agree it's useless.

I also agree that any domain with live users (as opposed to mail
cannons sending ads or transaction confirmations) is likely to
experience pain with -all from all the overenthusiastic little MTAs
whose managers imagine that "stopping forgery" will lessen their spam
load rather than losing mail from roaming users.

R's,
John