AT&T SMTP Admin contact?

Chris Owen owenc at hubris.net
Thu Dec 3 06:25:23 UTC 2009

On Dec 2, 2009, at 9:52 PM, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:

> It only stops forgery if the SPF record has a -all in it (as hubris.net does).
> However, a lot of domains (mine included) have a ~all instead.

I guess I've never really seen the point of publishing a SPF record if it ends in ~all.  What are people supposed to do with that info?

Spamassassin assigns it a score of 0.6 but that is low enough it really doesn't have much since it doesn't assign any negative points for SPF_PASS.

> (And before anybody asks, yes ~all is what we want, and no you can't ask us
> to try -all instead, unless we're allowed to send you all the helpdesk calls
> about misconfigured migratory laptops".. ;)

I certainly understand that you may not be able to lock down your domain.  We don't even try for customers for instance.    However, if you can't, I guess I don't really see what good publishing a SPF record is if you tell people not to enforce it.

Chris

Chris Owen         - Garden City (620) 275-1900 -  Lottery (noun):
President          - Wichita     (316) 858-3000 -    A stupidity tax
Hubris Communications Inc      www.hubris.net