Consumer Grade - IPV6 Enabled Router Firewalls.

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Thu Dec 3 02:15:17 UTC 2009

On 03/12/2009, at 11:24 AM, Fred Baker wrote:

> There are specifications for them being developed in the IETF, BBF, and Cable Labs. Basically, all of the usual suspects are interested in having product that meets needs.

I challenge the usual suspects to deliver actual working dual stack IPv6 ADSL CPE rather than feigning interest.   None of the major CPE vendors appear to have a v6 plan despite your claims.   We have an IPv6 dual stack trial for ADSL going on and not a single CPE from the _major consumer CPE vendors_.

Come on CPE vendors - most of your run Linux in your CPEs these days.  How hard is it to make it work?   Someone got an image working for us with OpenWRT in his spare time in a week, surely you CPE vendors can cobble something together for people to try out in a real piece of ADSL CPE I can buy at a shop?  I don't mean 6to4 or pseudo dual stack stuff.  I mean real ADSL CPE with dual stack PPP and DHCPv6 in one box.

MMC