FTTH Active vs Passive

Robert Mathews (OSIA) mathews at hawaii.edu
Wed Dec 2 17:32:09 UTC 2009

Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Dec 2009, Fletcher Kittredge wrote:
>> Thanks for the pointers, Mikael.  unfortunately, my Swedish is not much
>> better than my Japanese...  But it is a good start and I am sure I
>> will find
>> some sort of English description somewhere.
> Here is a cut/paste of the thing run thru google translate. I believe
> you'll get the meaning.
>
> This actually works, people do pay this amount of money to get
> connected. I believe they would in the US too, given the chance.

Ay, there's the rub!   The question is not if this can be done here in
the US but, will it be done?   Like many things, whether it is in
'Public Works' or 'Public Policy,' in the US, parties generally choose
the easy/cheapest way out.  There's no need to do too much.

Planning/preparing/accounting for things ahead?  What's that?    Do not
want to take this discussion (more than it already has) to the
non-operational front.