Ready to get your federal computer license?

David Hiers hiersd at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 17:48:20 UTC 2009

I guess the precedence for blocking is the way cops can close
airspace, roads, and any piece of property when needed.  If you accept
the notion that we've built private and public "roads" and "buildings"
on the "information superhighway", the notion of emergency roadblocks,
crime-scene tape, traffic cameras, and bears-in-the-air can't be too
far behind.

I didn't mean to imply that computer *users* would need a license, but
that many in NANOG would probably be considered as license candidates
by that bill. My message was sent to NANOG (which is not just your
average bunch of users) and is best understood in that context.  I may
be wrong, but I suspect that most NANOG subscribers have a security
aspect to their job.

Thanks,

David

>I must have missed something here... I cannot find in the article or the
>bill where it states or alludes to a federal computer license
>requirement for computer users.

>Is this just more fear mongering or is it in the bill? If it is ... where?

>Jason Jenisch

David