Ready to get your federal computer license?

Michael Airhart mairhart at cisco.com
Mon Aug 31 16:16:42 UTC 2009

(speaking only for myself and no one else)...

You make a good point Chris..

Regardless of any politician or bureaucrat's motive for taking an
action, many (most?) are ill prepared to speak or even ponder the
topic of "the Internet" (and the fancy series of tubes.. )  [much
less make laws about it]

I was in a local city council meeting recently while one of the
council members was chiding a very polite Time Warner Cable "Gov't
affairs" spokesperson on something the council person had obviously
no clue about..  I was embarrassed for him and proud the TWC rep was
able to remain professional..

Making our expertise available to politcos that want to learn sure
seems like a good idea, but I suspect we have to be very careful not
to run afoul of our employers rules and desires on such topics.