Ready to get your federal computer license?

Reese reese at inkworkswell.com
Mon Aug 31 17:15:10 UTC 2009

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 10:59:34 +1000, Jeff Young said:
>> Having met more than a few people in government IT, all jokes aside,
>> I think they're pretty well equipped to know when and if they need to
>> disconnect from the Internet, even without an executive order.
>
> Department of the Interior had *how* many court-ordered disconnections?

Does this tread on open "secrets," inside knowledge, or hoped-for info?
Just asking, I'm guessing you know something I don't and I'd like to be
in on it.

OTOH, I'm pretty sure I agree with you on the merit and worth of
licenses for hairdressers. It seems that the silly season besets us
from the right and from the left. The M&W of government licenses for
IT Pros has been debated and thoroughly discredited, elsewhere.

Much like other things that have been thoroughly discredited but keep
coming back again and again, until they pass when someone drops the
hot potato.

Follow the money, is the adage of yore. Who benefits immediately, from
licensing IT Pros? Easy answer. Who sponsors them or their cause, if
anyone? Or are we to believe that a few (dozen?) independent agencies
are truly the source of this concerted, prolonged push?