MPLS Services

Kenny Sallee kenny.sallee at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 20:27:06 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Ivan Pepelnjak <ip at ioshints.info> wrote:

> This might give you some ideas (also solves the overlapping customer
> address
> problem):
>
> http://www.nil.com/ipcorner/FlexExtraImplement/
>
> Ivan
>
> http://www.ioshints.info/about
> http://blog.ioshints.info/

That looks very interesting.  But it assumes we have a physical interface in
the core for every remote customer correct?  I guess that can be
accomplished via GRE tunnels over a providers MPLS cloud.  What about a MPLS
provider being the transport where the exCore has a single interface to that
provider? That's what I *think* we need to do and why I consider NAT and
advertising of a public segment from each customer and using BGP communities
to keep each customer from 'knowing' about each other.  So in the core
router(s) we'd only have unique IP's, each Customer could have a single MPLS
drop that reaches our shared segments as well as their internal segments.