FCCs RFC for the Definition of Broadband

Fred Baker fred at cisco.com
Wed Aug 26 17:38:38 UTC 2009

If it's about stimulus money, I'm in favor of saying that broadband
implies fiber to the home. That would provide all sorts of stimuli to
the economy - infrastructure, equipment sales, jobs digging ditches,
and so on. I could pretty quickly argue myself into suggesting special
favors for deployment of DNSSEC, multicast, and IPv6. As in, use the
stimulus money to propel a leap forward, not just waste it.