FCCs RFC for the Definition of Broadband

Carlos Alcantar carlos at race.com
Wed Aug 26 16:44:54 UTC 2009

I think the big push to get the fcc to define broadband is highly based
on the rus/ntia setting definitions of what broadband is.  If any anyone
has been fallowing the rus/ntia they are the one handing out all the
stimulus infrastructure grant loan money.  So there are a lot of
political reasons to make the definition of broadband a bit slower than
one would think.  I guess it doesn't hurt that the larger lec's with the
older infrastructure are shelling out the money to lobby to make sure
the definition stays as low as can be.  They don't want to see the gov
funding there competition.  Just my 2 cents.

-carlos