OSPF vs IS-IS vs PrivateAS eBGP

Clue Store cluestore at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 00:56:14 UTC 2009

> Am I alone in my view that BGP is _far_ more simple and
> straight-forward than OSPF

>that ospf has become exceedingly complex, and all that results thereof.

I couldn't agree more. Most of my staff are still under the impression in
Cisco land that the "network 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0" statement injects that
network into OSPF, when it simply turns on OSPF for the interfaces that are
in that network. I'm really glad to see Cisco that made this change in
OSPFv3 for v6.

Clue