OSPF vs IS-IS vs PrivateAS eBGP

Clue Store cluestore at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 13:47:14 UTC 2009

Thanks again for all of the replies on and off list. As I stated earlier, I
didn't not think IGP was the protocol of choice for running to customers,
i've just been to many different houses that do actually do this.

99% of all of our customer CPE is not managed by the customer, so that
leaves it up to me to decide what to run to them. The only issue with using
ebgp is getting enough of my staff that actually understand bgp  to the
point where they can deploy it themselves without having to get me involved
on every install. I think I can make this pretty cookie-cutter config to
start off and then work from there.

We are moving to a new NOC so this network will get a fresh start (new
7513-sup720, few m10i's, and a dozen or so 7200vxr's). So my deployment
strategy will be ebgp with multihmed customers. I just had to poke the fire
so I had some ammo for upper management when they ask why I decide to go
ebgp.

And yes Philip, I actually have many of those presentations saved on my
drive as they were all for not ;)

Once again, thanks all for the replies.
Clue