OSPF vs IS-IS vs PrivateAS eBGP

Joe Provo nanog-post at rsuc.gweep.net
Thu Aug 20 12:21:10 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 12:58:01PM -0500, Clue Store wrote:
[snip]
> would like to go with , but I have had some in the industry say this is not
> as good as running an IGP with the customer.

Name and shame.  TTBOMK, no-one who thought walking that road was a
Good Idea did so for long after starting down the path.  As far as
'customer choice' goes, the customer is indeed always right when it
comes to their *desired goal* in the abstract (multihoming, etc),
but rarely if ever in its implementation.

Cheers,

Joe

--
             RSUC / GweepNet / Spunk / FnB / Usenix / SAGE