OSPF vs IS-IS vs PrivateAS eBGP

Clue Store cluestore at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 17:58:01 UTC 2009

Thanks for all the replies so far. Just to clarify, I am in the small
ISP/Hosted services business. I was fortunate to inherit the current setup
of OSPF to the multi-homed customers. As i stated earlier, I would like to
run an IGP, what I really meant was I would like to run a routing protocol
that gives me most control as well as the customer and that scales. I am not
dead set on running and IGP as IGP in my mind refers to MY internal
gateways. and not my customers gateways. eBGP with Private AS is what I
would like to go with , but I have had some in the industry say this is not
as good as running an IGP with the customer. However, I disagree, but from
the looks, this really might just come down to whatever protocol im
comfortable with and making sure that it is configured in the correct manor
for my situation. As far as my internal connections, I think I will be
migrating to IS-IS, but this is not the point of my message to the list, as
I am more concerned about customer connections.

Keep the opinions coming guys.

Clue