Another fiber cut near Taiwan ? due to Typhoon Morakot ?

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Wed Aug 12 06:16:10 UTC 2009

I'm seeing high latency and some packet loss via multiple providers from the
US to Singapore, matching what we saw a few days ago although not as bad
(ie, packet loss is only about 5%, down from the 40% we were seeing a few
days ago).

At that time the cause was a cable fault somewhere in/near Japan, but at
this stage I'm not sure if this is the same problem or not.

  Scott.