XO - a Tier 1 or not?

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Sat Aug 1 07:10:50 UTC 2009

On Jul 28, 2009, at 11:36 AM, John van Oppen wrote:

> XO has been offering a product lately that is all routes except level3
> and sprint which leads me to believe that they pay both of those
> peers...

Or there is a settlement in place, which is kinda-sortta the same
thing, only not necessarily.

Or they are worried about their ratios to those two networks.  Which
may be because of settlements.

Or they might have capacity issues to those networks _because_ they do
not pay those networks.

Or ....

Or you could be right. :)

--