NAT64/NAT-PT update in IETF, was: Re: Important New Requirement for IPv4 Requests [re "impacting revenue"]

Nathan Ward nanog at daork.net
Thu Apr 23 10:23:55 UTC 2009

On 23/04/2009, at 8:37 PM, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

> On 22 apr 2009, at 23:39, Jack Bates wrote:
>
>> Serious input and participation means work and money.
>
> You can participate on mailinglists without attending meetings, so
> in that sense it doesn't have to cost money. As an operator, it
> would make sense to spend a little time in the requirements phase
> but not after that. So yes, it would take time, but we're not
> talking about hours a day on an ongoing basis.

After trying to participate on mailing lists for about 2 or 3 years,
it's pretty hard to get anything done without going to meetings.

Just participating in mailing lists is good for keeping up to date,
but not so good for getting things changed.

That's what I've found, anyway. Might not always be true.

--
Nathan Ward