Important New Requirement for IPv4 Requests [re "impacting revenue"]

Chris Owen owenc at
Tue Apr 21 16:55:49 CDT 2009

On Apr 21, 2009, at 4:42 PM, Shane Ronan wrote:

> C) Are ARIN's books open for public inspection? If so, it might be
> interesting for the group to see where all our money is going, since
> it's obviously not going to outreach and solution planning. Perhaps
> it is being spent in a reasonable manner, and the fees are where
> they need to be to sustain the organizations reasonable operations,
> but perhaps not.

It is a little out of date and not terribly detailed but they did post
the 2008 budget at:

Budget is just over 13M.  About 1/2 of that is salaries/benefits
(maybe more if you add in 'legal fees').

A couple of interesting notes when looking at it:

12+M divided by the 3300 "members" is just shy of $4,000 per customer.

Payroll is $5,707,134 for 47 full time employees.  That is an average
salary of $121,428 across all employees.

Internet Research and Support is $164,500

Travel (which includes travel for board members, etc) is $1,315,349.

There is more detail but older data at:

Chris Owen         - Garden City (620) 275-1900 -  Lottery (noun):
President          - Wichita     (316) 858-3000 -    A stupidity tax
Hubris Communications Inc

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (Darwin)
Comment: Public Key:
Comment: Public Key ID: 0xB513D9DD