Important New Requirement for IPv4 Requests [re "impacting revenue"]

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Tue Apr 21 21:55:23 UTC 2009

On Apr 21, 2009, at 2:42 PM, Shane Ronan wrote:
> Mr Curran, given the response you've seen from the group, and in
> particular the argument that most CEO's or Officers of firms will
> simply sign off on what they IT staff tells them (as they have
> little to no understanding of the situation),

You really should go ask a CEO if he'd sign off on something that he
doesn't understand.  Really.  I can assure you that your impression is
wrong, and most CEOs don't prefer to be standing in court defending
their actions.

> can you explain what exactly you are hoping to achieve by heaping on
> yet an additional requirement to the already over burdensome process
> of receiving an IPv4 allocation?

Burdensome?  Really?  If you have your documentation together it takes
about 15 minutes from beginning of the application form until
receiving your new allocation.  I spend longer on hold any time I deal
with any other vendor.

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness