Arnold Nipper arnold at nipper.de
Sun Apr 19 14:13:54 CDT 2009

On 19.04.2009 01:38 Randy Bush wrote

>>> just curious.  has anyone tried arista for smallish exchanges, before
>>> jumping off the cliff into debugging extreme, foundry, ...
>> last time I look at them their products lacked port security or
>> anything similiar.
> whoops!
>> Iirc it's on the roadmap for thier next generation of switches.
> bummer, as performance and per-port cost are certainly tasty.

Indeed ...

Afaik low latency is due to the fact that Arista boxes are doing cut

Pricewise they are very attractive. And Arista EOS actually is more or
less a full blown Linux which allows you to do _really_ tricky things.

Arnold Nipper / nIPper consulting, Sandhausen, Germany
email: arnold at nipper.de       phone: +49 6224 9259 299
mobile: +49 172 2650958         fax: +49 6224 9259 333