Fiber cut in SF area

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Sat Apr 11 14:54:45 UTC 2009

Once upon a time, Jo¢ <jbfixurpc at gmail.com> said:
> Yes if enough time goes by anything can happen, but how can one
> argue an ATM machince that has (at times) thousands of dollars stands
> out 24/7 without more immediate wealth. Perhaps I am missing
> something here, do the Cops stake out those areas? dunno

We've had several occasions here where somebody has stolen a backhoe or
front-end loader from a construction site, driven to the nearest ATM,
and loaded the whole ATM into a (usually stolen) truck.

Also, what is the density of outdoor ATMs?  I'm in a suburban area, and
there may be one every mile or two.  How large is the fiber plant?
Miles and miles of continuous fiber, every inch of which is equally
important.  A lot of it here is even on poles, not buried.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>